[procps] Re: Translations

  • From: Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 09:45:00 +1100

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 06:32:54PM +0100, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> I can't see such a translatable domain in the TP. Usually it should be
> http://translationproject.org/domain/procps-ng.html but there's nothing. You
> should contact the TP coordinators once again.
Thanks, I realised Benno was waiting for us (me actually) do to
something about the help texts. That's done now so I think we should be
right to be on TP.

> Yes, of course I would use the TP. But we need an implementation of either
> po4a or docbook2man in the upstream sources. What would you prefer? In the
> latter case, the man page authors would need some DocBook skills, but po4a
> can
> handle the roff sources directly.
Right, this is for the man pages rather than the text within the
programs themselves.  I personally slightly prefer (or is that slightly
hate less) roff source over DocBook.  However I'm only one person within
the group.  The top manpage is by far the most complicated so I'm not
sure its worth changing that over; or perhaps Jim has been wanting to
ditch roff for years and now here is the chance.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small (@smallsees)   http://enc.com.au/       csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux           http://www.debian.org/   csmall at : debian.org