[procps] Translations

  • From: Mario Blättermann <mario.blaettermann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:01:04 +0100

Hi all,

in Gitorious I see an obviously working gettext stack, but no translations
yet. I've created a pot template and used it for my po file. No problem so far.

But in former messages to this list I saw there were some basic attempts to
choose a translation system [1]. Would be much better than handle the po files
in the mailing list. Any news about that? I would prefer
translationproject.org in any case.

Moreover, I like to translate the man pages of procps-ng. Therefore a somewhat
different gettext implementation is needed, either using po4a [2] which we use
for our project man-pages-de [3], or maintaining the man pages in DocBook
instead of Groff and using itstool and docbook2man or a similar tool. Any
interest in translated man pages?

[1] //www.freelists.org/post/procps/Using-the-translation-project,1
[2] http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/
[3] https://alioth.debian.org/scm/browser.php?group_id=100531