[procps] Re: procps-ng for Translation Project

  • From: Jaromir Capik <jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Benno Schulenberg <coordinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 05:58:04 -0400 (EDT)

> On 2013-10-10 13:53, Jaromir Capik wrote:
> > It's better to have it separated by lines. Once you add a new switch,
> > you'll have at least the english version immediately without waiting
> > for the translators to modify the whole block of text.
>
> What happens when you add a new option (or change or delete one) is
> that the whole block of text drops back to English, instead of just
> one line of it.  Also, seeing just one untranslated line is much
> more inviting to go and quickly fix it than a whole block.
>
> Benno

Hi Benno.

After reading my message again, I see it is confusing.
I wanted to write, that just the modified line will lack
the translation. The rest would keep the translation.
And yes, you're right ... it's encouraging contributors
to fix that. My grandma doesn't speak English and she
appreciates when the text is at least partially translated.
Having just one gettext call is maybe faster, but drops
the whole block of text back to English and I consider
that unwanted.

Regards,
Jaromir.

--
Jaromir Capik
Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.

Email: jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45, Brno, Czech Republic
IC: 27690016