[Precisionix-General] Re: Installer

  • From: Andrew Sorensen <aos@xxxxxxx>
  • To: precisionix-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:35:15 -0700

Yes, I think ubuntus installer is very easy --- but do we want to give
users a choice of desktop durring install or not? As for partitioning,
we can change that interface a little to make it easier and less buggy
than the ubuntu one. fw-cutter is a poor driver, and would rarely give
me more than 1Mb/s so I use ndiswrapper on that computer, and the free
intel driver on my new laptop. We wont include DRM software or such in
our distribution, maybe fluendo stuff and a codec assistant.