[Precisionix-General] Re: Package Manager

  • From: daaawg <cdaaawg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: precisionix-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 02:02:11 -0700

Since I don't have a whole lot of experience with any of the other packaging
schemes, I am biased towards Debian's apt/dpkg/Synaptic. I guess I'm unclear
as to why you think a custom front end is needed for an update manager when
one exists that is already integrated with Synaptic on Ubuntu? The only
thing I would change about the apt/Synaptic scheme is maybe adding some tips
or instructions when Synaptic first opens up.

--
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the
word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.