[pov] Re: Apple Snow Leopard & photo apps performance

  • From: Randy Green <rgreeniwa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:44:05 -0700

Interestingly I ran the update for Parallels prior to upgrading. I had the latest version. When I upgraded the OS I did the little 64 trick on bootup. Parallels was the only app I notice that didn't work. It worked fine when I switched back to the 32 bit mode. So I dunno. I'll try again, but not now. I've got too many apps open to reboot & too much to do... :P

Can anyone tell me why I would want to run the whole machine in 64bit mode when none of my apps are 64bit? Does it give the horsie more legs?

R_

On Aug 31, 2009, at 1:08 PM, michael.elenko@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Randy,
I just read where Parallels has already come out with a fix to run on Snow Leopard.

Also, this little utility lets you decide which startup mode, 32-bit vs. 64-bit to startup in.
http://www.ahatfullofsky.comuv.com/English/Programs/SMS/SMS.html

I suspect it will take a few months for all of our applications to be upgraded to take advantage of the 64-bit system architecture--for photography and video it should be a noticeable improvement.

ME

Cordially,
Michael Elenko
206-226-3315