[pov] Re: Apple Snow Leopard & photo apps performance

  • From: Randy Green <rgreeniwa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:06:30 -0700

I just upgraded on all my Macs. We use Creative Suite CS3 & all apps, including Photoshop, work fine. I use Aperture, and to be expected, it works fine too. I don't have Lightroom to test, but I have read on other threads that people aren't finding too many problems.

So far, so good!

Randy Green
randygreenphoto.com

On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:14 AM, michael.elenko@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Good Morning,

Last Friday Apple released version 10.6 aka Snow Leopard as a relatively cheap ($29) operating system upgrade for Macs. Visually this version is very similar to v. 10.5 "Leopard" but the improvements are significant internally. This upgrade will only work on Intel-based Macs.

For photographers some initial testing of common applications are showing major performance improvements with Photoshop, Lightroom, and Aperture.
http://macperformanceguide.com/SnowLeopard-Performance.html

I usually wait a few months prior to upgrading a computer operating system just to let others deal with the inevitable growing pains, but this time around I've already purchased Snow Leopard. I'll be upgrading within a week or so (still reading user reports) most likely.

If you Mac users out there have upgraded already, please share your experiences here.

An authoritative online resource is:
http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/snowleopard/index.html

Here's an application compatibility summary:
http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/snowleopard/topic4883.html#d31aug2009

ME

Cordially,
Michael Elenko