[photodesk] Re: Photodesk 3.10 & subsequent updates

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:38:27 +0100

Dear Mr. Evans,

For a long time, I'm having a really nasty problem with !PhotoDesk when it
comes to simply load the application: sometimes it loads properly, but most
of the times it will freeze the machine completely. Sometimes, the machine
freezes straight away, sometimes there's an error box first, saying that
the scrap directory still contains some sprites from a previous use. I can
then choose between discarding them (by clicking Cancel) or retrieve them
(by clicking OK). No matter what option I choose, the machine will freeze
completely (with even the pointer frozen).

Strangely, there's never any file in the scrap directory, but it doesn't
make any difference whether I delete the appropriate directory, or the
entire PhotoDesk directory from !Scrap.

I've had some mail exchange about this problem with David Ruck, but he
couldn't help me either. The bug didn't sound familiar and he couldn't
replicate it.

My current set up is !PhotoDesk 3.09 on an Iyonix 5.16.
I would love to upgrade, but not until this problem is solved.
Do you perhaps have any idea?

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers