[photodesk] Re: Can anyone replicate this Photodesk problem?

  • From: Bernard <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:08:00 GMT

In message <Marcel-1.53-0311133637-bc8pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          CJE Sales <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We've had a report from a Photodesk user of a possible couple of bugs. The
> reported problems are:

> 1. When you 'drag out an area to magnify' the window now jumps to fill out
> to the bottom of the screen, obscuring the Tool Bar.

I can replicate this problem using Photodesk 3.10 (2011/02/21) - but
not every time - I'm using an Iyonix with RISC OS 5.16 and 512MB.
On one try, the main window completely vanished and wouldn't open
again until I quit Photodesk and reloaded it.  Perhaps the window had
gone off screen somewhere and was not visible.

> 2. Overwriting a file causes an infinite loop, described below:
>    1. Click on the icon bar and then on Create. Draw a squiggle.
>       Save as 'Try'
>    2. Again click on the icon bar and then on Create. Draw another squiggle.
>       Save to same directory as 'Try'
>    3. Message says 'Warning Object already exists. Overwrite?'
>       Click Overwrite.
>    4. Message says 'To save, drag the icon to a directory viewer'.
>       To obey that, you have to repeat 3, which repeats 4, and so on
>       ad infinitum.

I cannot replicate this using the latest version as above - but I have
had it happen on a previous version of Photodesk.  I thought Detlef
had fixed this problem when he sent me Photodesk 3.10z some time ago.

> The user has an Iyonix with RISC OS 5.16 and 512MB RAM. Unfortunately we've
> been unable to replicate either problem on a similar system (or any other
> system) here, so wondered if anyone else has either come across these
> problems, or can replicate them on their system?

Bernard
--
Contact Me - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/contactme/
Web - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/