[PCWorks] need help with my computer

  • From: Janelle Vacanti <janellevacanti@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:03:30 -0500

Hi All,
Back in April of this year, my computer got infected with vyruses and my dad
did a System Restore and fixed the problem. Then in June of this year I think,
my computer wouldn't do a System Restore. So, I had my dad reformat my hard
drive for me in I think September of this year and even after that it still
wouldn't do it. So, yesterday, I turned off System Restore on all drives and
rebooted then turned it back on again. Then, it finally did a system restore.
Then, today, I tried to do another System Restore and now my computer doesn't
do them anymore. When I first got my computer back in April of 2006, it used to
do automatic updates. Now it won't do them anymore. Also, when I try and listen
to a song on youtube, my computer usually starts to play them, but then stops
and Internet Explorer creates an error report which I don't send. When I try to
listen to a song on myspace on some of the myspaces my computer no longer plays
the song. In Windows Media Player, when I click on a link to listen to a file,
I now have to wait for the file to download before I can listen, rather than
having it just open up in Windows Media Player like my computer used to do.
This is the Desktop I am talking about. However, the Laptop works in just the
opposite way. Except for the part about System Restore which I don't know about
because I have never tried it on the Laptop. Is there anything any of you can
tell me that might help me get my Desktop running just like the Laptop does?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Janelle