Re: [PCWorks] Windows 7 will include XP SP3

  • From: Peter Kaulback <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:34:46 -0400

Oh probably. I know 3 people who run virtual operating systems
exclusively. 1 person bought a Mac and installed xp virtually for some
work apps after their pc died, and now they pretty much use only the xp
side on the Mac, think of an xp machine which starts in 5 seconds and
doesn't crash ever.

MS is treating Vista like ME, they know no one is sticking to it except
newbies who bought a new computer recently. I know 2 people who still
use it (besides Hugh ;>) and they don't do anything on their pcs. No
games, office suite, just email and myspace/facebook/twitter. So when 7
comes around they will likely snatch it up with their next computer
purchase, one of them got a new pc when the dvd drive in the previous
machine died, a new computer over a $30.00 repair lol.

Peter Kaulback