Re: [PCWorks] How to check actual speed of DSL Line

  • From: "Vern" <r60slash5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 21:26:46 -0700

> Have you gone to Cox's Internet Tools area?
> http://support.cox.com/sdcxuser/asp/cox_ManageMyAcctdetails.asp?parFolder=eec0d02d-c704-489e-8ee5-185dc16aa5db
> I got to that page after going to AZ, so that URL may not work,
> but you should know how to get to it.

I went here and IMed with someone each of two days. They must be in India.
Can't tell me what speed I should be getting, told me to call my local
office. They did give me a programmed list of things to do like unplug the
modem and follow a certain order in turning things back on, etc. I did that
today and my current speeds as of 9 pm are 1967 down and 2185 up. So nothing
changed. If I remember I 'll call Cox Monday and see if I can learn what
speed I should be getting.

Vern