Re: [PCWorks] How to check actual speed of DSL Line

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 05:11:36 -0500

(Vern please remember to leave in all URL's).

The URL he's talking about is
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ .

Yes, something is seriously wrong!  Wow, 1770k upload is
insane, that's like the equivalent of being on 12-15mb line.
So what speed service do you have?   That's the big question.
It would seem you're not getting anywhere near what you're
supposed to be getting.

It could be you checked it during peak hours, I had Cox once
and that's why I got rid of it for DSL because it was slow as
could be about 22 hours out of each day.  Try checking it at
around 3AM +/- 1 hour.  If it's still that slow you need to
complain to Cox, and also check out some tweaks to make it
faster.  Actually if it's that slow at ANY time you should also
complain as well about them giving the service to too many
people in your area because you're getting ripped off.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com