Re: [PCWorks] Cox high speed internet speeds

  • From: "Vern" <r60slash5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 00:31:26 -0700

> Vern, could you let us know how this all works out after Cox sends
> someone out? I have some relatives looking to spend the winters where
> you are and would like for them to be able to have internet service the
> way they should have.

I didn't call for a service man to come out.

> BTW, have you had a chance to try the java based tests on your
> connection http://www.broadbandreports.com/speedtest?java=1?

I went here tonight and this is my listing I think. This is using LINKLINE

Speed
Dwn/upClaimed
ISP & SpeedUser
LocationTestDay
Hour
(EST)Company &
Domain                         1.8m/1m              Cox Communications
anon @ Glendale, AZ, USACalifornia, USA14th 03:15 AMCox Communications
ph.ph.cox.net

It lost the formatting but the numbers are 1.8m down and 1m  up. According
to their report Phoenix is in a bad area. I was on the 27th page out of a
total of 31. With 31 being the worst. On the 31st page are several from
Arizona with downloads in the hundreds of kbps. I'm 1800 and they were in
the 200 and 300 area. Guess I should be happy. <G>

Vern