-=PCTechTalk=- problm with links/webpage/multimedia question

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 11:31:32 -0400

Hi guys/gals,

I have a question, I submit homework assignments to an electronic filebox
where I attend classes.  So far, my links are fine when I copy and paste
them to the student interface which is where the professor picks them up.
But I know have a file that is zipped using winzip since I had sound and
movie files within a powerpoint show, I zipped it all before uploading it to
the filebox this time.  It opens fine for me in the filebox but of course I
have to unzip first.

My question is how do I copy and paste a link from there so the professor
can acess it from the student interface, it apparently is not working.  And
I can see the link looks very different than the ones that are not zipped.
Here is a typical link that works fine that is not zipped. This is the link
"after" I open the file up.

https://filebox.vt.edu/users/cajones/itma/multimed/graphics.ppt

but there really is no link for the zipped file when you click on it as it
just tells you to unzip it(open it) and then displays all the files inside
the zip and you click on the .ppt file to view the slideshow.  Is there a
way to get a link just for that file or must I send the link to where all my
assignments are stored?

thanks,