-=PCTechTalk=- Re: website

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christine <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:19:51 -0400

Ok... yes, you can make multiple sites within a webspace. All a webspace is is
a directory of files and folders. You just need to give out the correct URL for
people to log on.
If the address you give is just the folder, it should automatically look to
load a page in that directory called either index.html or index.htm or
default.htm(l) (which could, technically, be changed as well).

So... for example... when I give people the address http://www.sirtroth.com,
people will go to that page which will automatically load index.htm in the main
directory. On the other hand, I also have a site at
http://www.sirtroth.com/ut2004 and when people go to that page they
automatically load the index.htm file that is in the ut2004 directory, which is
in the root directory.

Lastly... you can actually get another domain name, and rather than get a
second hosting package, you can just point it to a page or directory of a
current hosting you have with another domain.

Did I confuse you yet>
:o)

What's the address to your site now?

= SirTroth