-=PCTechTalk=- Re: WinMX update

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:40:36 -0500

With all due respect Eric.........In the US, this statement is simply incorrect
-- "Legally, you are probably expected to delete
 these files after 24 hours".  To download such copywrite protected material is
illegal, whether downloaded for one minute or twenty years.  Please see my
facts.

If you doubt this.............look at some of the recent articles where the
music industry is trying to develop programs that will go on your computer and
check for copywrite protected material.  If you are  a business, and have such
material (whether MP3 files or software programs that are unregistered), your
business can be subject to large files and punitive damages.

 Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",

  Master NetLord
     ,,,,,,,,
     Ô¿Ô¬
  Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thursday
11/07/2002
3:35:45 PM

Enjoyment is not a goal, it is a feeling that accompanies important
ongoing activity.

-- Paul Goodman

|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|:0:|¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥|

¤| On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:24:48 +0200
¤| Eric Skeen wrote:
¤|
¤|
¤|
¤|  Sharon,
¤|
¤|  I am a music freak and use various utilities such as KazaaLITE
¤|  (Never, ever, use Kazaa unless it is the "Lite" version
¤|  http://www.kazaalite.com/) and Audiognome www.audiognome.com  to
¤|  download music. Legally, you are probably expected to delete
¤|  these files after 24 hours. I don't, but if I really like the
¤|  music I download, then I make it my mission to purchase the CD if
¤|  it's at all available. Unfortunately, I very seldom find CDs
¤|  relating to my kind of music because my taste in music starts
¤|  from the 50s and tends to fade away after the 80s. But I have
¤|  really enhanced my CD collection and bought many CDs as a direct
¤|  result of these music downloads.
¤|
¤|
¤|  Downloading an MP3 file gives you a good indication of whether
¤|  you would like the original song or not. MP3s are restricted in
¤|  tonal qualities because they make use of compression technologies
¤|  which are not exact replicas of the original uncompressed file,
¤|  so my opinion is if I really like the song I will buy the CD to
¤|  get full enjoyment of it.
¤|
¤|
¤|  That Guy In Africa...
¤|  http://homepages.gds.co.za/northcom/ (This page has been hi-
¤|  jacked, where are the Internet Cops now?)
¤|  Greetings from Sunny South Africa ~
¤|