-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Trend Micro and tech support comments.

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:36:04 -0400

Thanks for all this info - I'm checking mail quickly as have to leave for an
out of state grandchild graudation and won't be back until tomorrow evening.

I hadn't expected her to give me the link over the phone as thought there
would be one on their site they could give me - they did that before when I
just had their anti-spyware/malware program.  Actually she did give me an
incident number the first time and that is how they were able to find the
problem so quickly with the second call.  I have to admit I didn't think of
using the online chat because all I could visualize was my totally
unprotected computer I wanted protected :-)

I figured out that once I installd the toolbar, it is now picking up the
spam and phishing and when I see something wrongly placed I just tell them
it is or is not spam and they remember it just fine.  All in all I don't
regret purchasing it and now (I know this will jinx me as sure as green
apples are bitter!) I hope it doesn't go bad like Panda did.  I loved that
program the first 16 months and from then on it was downhill.  I had the
Trend Micro antispyware/malware for 2 years and it stayed as good as day one
so I am hoping the system does also.

What I have noticed is when I reboot, every thing comes up in half the time
it did when I had Panda so guess it was somewhat of a resource hog.

I'm wondering if I should be checking to see if there is any Panda stuff
left behind but I'm not having any problems so I'm figuring it's all gone.
I did run a search just using the word 'panda' and deleted everything I
found and I don't think it's as hard to get rid of as Norton's.

Dolores