-=PCTechTalk=- Trend Micro and a specific question for Judy re the program

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 21:38:05 -0400

Let me preface this with I'm not knocking Trend Micro but just frustrated
with them :-)  Also please excuse the lengthy report.

Earlier today Panda started messing up again which meant I was going to have
to uninstall and reinstall and I said the heck with it and bought the Trend
Micro.  Silly me thought since it popped up and said they had to remove (or
maybe it was turn off - not important) Windows Defender and I had to remove
Spybot Search & Destroy because it was incompatible and I had to delete
THEIR spyware/malware program because it was incompatible (sort of surprised
me) I thought next would come that Panda had to be removed but no!  It went
ahead and continued the installation process, seemed to have finished and
then my computer kept rebooting itself!  After the 3rd reboot, I switched to
boot up what previous worked and got it to stay booted.  Then went to their
site to get a phone number.  Called them, told her what had happened and she
told me she would have to email me a link to uninstall Trend Micro and then
reinstall it (she didn't tell me to uninstall Panda but I had before I
called her so my computer sits with NO proection whatsoever except for the
weak Windows Firewall).  I ask her if I can't download it from their site (I
was using Mozilla and hoped the tools I added would keep me somewhat safe)
but nope she had to email it and I would receive it in 5 minutes.  I figured
out that I could avoid opening up OE by reading the mail from road runner on
their site.  Trying to be a pleasant customer I wait an HOUR and still no
e-mail.  So I call them back and get told that the first person got my email
addy wrong and they would send it right out.  They did, I uninstalled and
reinstalled and seems to be working.

I 'think' I have all my  setting correct but mail comes through that is
obviously either 'phishing' or spam which Panda always caught and Trend
Micro isn't.  Doesn't Trend Micro recognize phishing and if so what setting
am I missing.  Thanks.

Also Judy I thought I had saved your e-mail where you were finding the
statistics but I didn't and would like to know how to do that.

Dolores