-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Tablet - Toshiba 10.1

  • From: "Jimmy Dalla" <jimmyrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:47:15 -0600

I'm not Rose but:

A Tablet is a generic name for a very limited capability instrument that can
do some very limited computer like functions.  They are NOT general purpose
computers.  The tablet is the least powerful category in the list beginning
with the most powerful configuration: the desktop computer, then notebook -
or laptop computer, then netbook computer, and finally and least capable,
the tablet.  Each has advantages but always with some accompanying
disadvantages.
Tablets are mainly characterized by the capability to do manipulations by
touching the screen while most of the more capable (and powerful) computers
use keyboards, mice, and pads. IMHO tablets are mostly instruments to
entertain the user - toys - just my opinion.

An iPad is just a brand name of one of the many tablets one can buy. (It is
the most expensive tablet <smile> but some - not all - say best).

Try Googling to find comparisons.  I'd suggest Wiki.

Ciao,
Jimmy