-=PCTechTalk=- Re: System Tray (Task Bar)?

  • From: "~OoO~" <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 01:28:58 -0400

Sorry... yes, bottom-left!

Bottom-right... its the system tray, and its also the notification area. Its
never been renamed. But, in Windows XP they started calling it the notification
area as well. But, its still the system tray. I know how a lot of resources say
it 'used to be called the system tray', but even Microsoft still refers to it
as the system tray (as well as the notification area).

Here you have Microsoft calling it the system tray:
1. http://tinyurl.com/ccphv
2. http://tinyurl.com/92boj
3. http://tinyurl.com/dg84o

And, just as you see them referring to it as the system tray, you will equally
see them calling it the notification area.
Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX
Yahoo: SirTroth