-=PCTechTalk=- Re: System Tray (Task Bar)?

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:56:48 -0500

XP is different I guess.  When I right click on the taskbar I can select
properties and it will show taskbar and "notification area" (yes that is
what it is called in this instance) and it will show past icons it the area
when I choose customize but I can find no way to get that printer icon back
down there.  I have found under printers the place that shows icons and lets
me choose a different icon but It just changes the one in the faxes and
printer folder and the shortcut on my desktop.  I have also found that the
shortcut printer icon is not as convenient as the one I had in the
notification area.  I can't just right click and choose to run the nozzle
check, clean the print head, etc.  I have to choose properties, maintenance,
and then nozzle check.  If anyone with XP can show me how to put the printer
back in the notification area, I would appreciate it.
Joyce