-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Setting Comcast modem

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:23:00 -0400

If he typed in an IP address he probably accessed your router.  Some routers
use 192.168.1.1 as default address.  If you are on DSL then the router and
modem might be in the same case, in which case he might have been accessing
the modem rather than the router.  However, I can not imagine any settings
in the modem to change.  Its not like a dial up modem.  A more accurate name
might be analog-digital converter.

What kind of problems are you having?

Don