-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Picasa question

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:14:31 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

 Thanks KC,
I think I will install Irfanview on Hal here and use the second option.
Sounds much simpler. 'Course Irfanview and Picasa will probaly fight over
the pics. I think you are right about the black hole. It's the same place a
lot of your RAM goes as soon as you install more.

Jo Ann

I understand..........when you "save a copy" it goes in the black hole
of something-or-other <G>
OK
OK
OK

Here's how you do it.  You have two options:

A)  In Picasa, right click on the picture itself and select "locate on
disk".  This will open Explorer to the location of the picture, and
the picture file name will be highlighted.  Next, right click on that
file name and then select "copy" and do as you normally would within
Explorer -- save it to where ever you like.

B)  If you have another photo program that is associated with the type
of file you are trying to open (ex. jpg files), you can right click on
the thumbnail in Picasa and select "open with" and it will open the
file.  I use ACDSee to open most pictures.  Once opened in the photo
program, you can use it to save the file to a new location.

Hope that helps!

   Regards from

  Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  Scottsdale, Arizona
  Thursday, 3/24/2005, @ 7:12:08 PM EST
  Always borrow money from a pessimist. They don't expect to be paid
back.