-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Picasa question

  • From: Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jo Ann Weaver <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:51:53 -0700

<laugh>  That sounds bad!
Irfanview won't fight with Picasa.  I have it, and ACDSee and Picasa
on the same computer.  I have ACDSee associated with the files, and
use the other two when I choose to.

   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
    Cincinnati, Ohio
 Scottsdale, Arizona
 ---------------------------------
 Thursday, 3/24/2005, @ 8:50:26 PM EST
 ---------------------------------
 Fear of death will not prevent dying - but it will prevent living.

===============|:0:|===============
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:14:31 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Jo Ann
Weaver wrote:

  |  Thanks KC,
  |  I think I will install Irfanview on Hal here and use the second
  |  option. Sounds much simpler. 'Course Irfanview and Picasa will
  |  probaly fight over the pics. I think you are right about the
  |  black hole. It's the same place a lot of your RAM goes as soon
  |  as you install more.
  |
  |  Jo Ann
  |

  |  I understand..........when you "save a copy" it goes in the
  |  black hole of something-or-other <G> OK OK OK
  |

  |  Here's how you do it.  You have two options:
  |
  |  A)  In Picasa, right click on the picture itself and select
  |  "locate on disk".  This will open Explorer to the location of
  |  the picture, and the picture file name will be highlighted.
  |  Next, right click on that file name and then select "copy" and
  |  do as you normally would within Explorer -- save it to where
  |  ever you like.
  |
  |  B)  If you have another photo program that is associated with
  |  the type of file you are trying to open (ex. jpg files), you can
  |  right click on the thumbnail in Picasa and select "open with"
  |  and it will open the file.  I use ACDSee to open most pictures.
  |  Once opened in the photo program, you can use it to save the
  |  file to a new location.
  |
  |  Hope that helps!
  |
  |  Regards from
  |
  |  Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
  |  ,,,,,,,,
  |  Ô¿Ô¬
  |  Cincinnati, Ohio
  |  Scottsdale, Arizona
  |  ---------------------------------
  |  Thursday, 3/24/2005, @ 7:12:08 PM EST
  |  ---------------------------------
  |  Always borrow money from a pessimist. They don't expect to be
  |  paid back.
  |

  |  ===============|:0:|===============
  |  On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:44:46 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Jo
  |  Ann Weaver wrote:
  |

  |   |  KC,
  |   |  The only place I see an option to save is under file. it
  |   |  says save a copy, but when I click on it, nothing comes up
  |   |  to save as and where. If it saves a copy, I don't know
  |   |  where. Don't get a save option with right click.
  |   |
  |  |
  |   |  Jo Ann
  |  |
  |  |
  |   |  After you modify a picture, save it like any other file.
  |   |  Change the name slightly - I usually add a "-1" to the name
  |   |  so I still have the original. Regards from
  |   |
  |  |
  |   |  Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
  |   |  Ô¿Ô¬
  |   |  Cincinnati, Ohio
  |   |  Scottsdale, Arizona
  |   |  Wednesday, 3/23/2005, @ 10:29:10 PM EST
  |   |  Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
  |  |