-=PCTechTalk=- Re: PT Tools/Cyber Defender

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:29:55 -0400

Matt,
For malware protection, I'm using a combo of Spybot Search & Destroy and
WinPatrol, both of which are free and both of which are running in the
background at all times (she can get away with just WinPatrol doing that).
I also have a couple of Firewall extensions that I wouldn't surf without.
NoScript, AdBlock Plus and WOT (the new one I just recently mentioned).

For AV, I'm using Symantec AV Corporate (not to be confused in any way with
Norton's, which is owned by the same company).  It's not free, but worth
every penny.  This is industrial strength AV that simply works!

I am also using the built-in SP2/SP3 Windows Firewall, which is much better
than the pre-SP2 one.  I won't be staying with that, though, because it's
not strong enough for me and I don't really recommend it to anyone else.
Use ZoneAlarm instead, which is also free.     lol

Peace,
Gman