-=PCTechTalk=- Re: PT Tools/Cyber Defender

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:04:25 -0400

Roger,
    Most cookie files just take up space and are perfectly harmless, to
leave 'em or remove 'em is personal choice.  But, there are seveal sites
that use them in order to 'remember' you.  Popular examples would be Google,
which uses a cookie to remember your search preferences, if you set them
like I do (I want more hits per page when I search) and Yahoo, which
remembers your settings for your personalized 'home' portal page and email.
If you have no use for these kinds of sites, then it's perfectly safe to
remove your existing cookies at any time.  Otherwise, you may want to figure
out which ones you should keep and work around them when removing the
others.

    Or you could do what I do and download the Firefox extension called
CookieCuller and make that do all the work instead.        :O)

Peace,
Gman