-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OT - Brush fire

  • From: "Glo" <redowl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:19:03 -0700

Ok, here it is: the Bronco fire and the Humboldt fires have combined, they're
calling it the Cave Creek Complex Fire.  In the past hour there has been a
mandatory evacuation of Tonto Hills, an upscale subdivision of million-dollar
homes.  The fire is creeping down from the ridge toward Tonto Hills, despite
slurry drops and burnouts.  So fare, between 200 and 400 homes have been
evacuated.  The old Mistress Mine, over 100 years old, has succumbed to the
flames and is no more.  Burning power poles  are now causing major losses of
power right now. Hope your new home is safe. ~Glo