-=PCTechTalk=- OT - Brush fire

  • From: Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTechTalk - Freelists <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:54:00 -0700

Y'all won't believe this.  I arrived in Scottsdale this afternoon and
was confronted with a huge brush fire on the mountain ridge right
behind our new home (under construction).  It apparently started last
evening - lightning strike.  At 3:00 today, the police evacuated all
construction workers, and residents are next if the fire keeps on it's
path.  I volunteered to help..........no word yet.

All afternoon we watched helicopters and water planes dump water on
the fire.  The smoke changed many times during the afternoon - from
dark grey/black to brownish, to white, and then back to dark gray
black again.   The winds were strong, and shifted direction several
times as well.  Just before I left around 4:00, the winds shifted to
the east, blowing it towards a little subdivision called Tonto.  I
think the fire itself is in the Tonto wildlife area.  I'm not sure as
I don't get PHX television stations here.  I can't (nor did I try) get
to the fire area.  It's hard to tell, but it looks as if it could be
anywhere from 1/4 mile to three miles from the house itself.

I have a few pictures if anyone wants to see - specially the AZ
people.   Anyone heard anything about this?

Keep your fingers crossed!
  Regards from

Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
          ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Wednesday  6/22/2005  5:53:18 PM

"We cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over our heads, but
we can refuse to let them build nests in our hair."

-- Chinese proverb