-=PCTechTalk=- Re: I've lost my sound

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTechTalk <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:44:50 -0700 (PDT)

HB
Try the windows update site, which is www.windowsupdate.com, I think.  The
update that came a week after the one that caused this problem didn't fix
it completely for me.  I was not having having RealTek problems, but
others with getting error messages telling me programs were trying to load
dlls into area of memory reserved for the Windows operating system.  The
update that was released on April 3 was to address the animated cursor
security breach and that was the one that caused RealTek and other
problems when it fixed the security breach.  The updates released on April
10, regular update Tuesday, was to have fixed the RealTek problem but did
not fix the problems with dlls supposedly loading into protected memory
and the Dr Watson debugger crashing.  I suspect the fix for the security
breach was to extend the protected memory which caused the other problems.
 Anyway getting the updates released on April 10 should fix the RealTek
problem if you got the security update  released the week before.
Dave

------------------------------

From: HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:02:02 EDT
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: I've lost my sound

In a message dated 4/12/2007 11:52:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
wooledge001@xxxxxxxx writes:
> Did you do a Windows update recently or have them set to update
> automaticaly? A recent update messed up Realtek installations.
> Dave

Dave,
     My updates are set for me to install manually. Where can I get info
regarding this update?

Thanks,

HB