-=PCTechTalk=- Re: I Want To Try Something A Little Different!!

  • From: "Hal Cardona" <hcardona@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 16:56:52 -0500

You will need to partition the drive prior to formatting it.  You can't
copy the swap file while it is in use, so make sure you exclude it while
copying.

After you have your stuff on the larger drive and have placed as Master,
boot from a OS floppy (I am assuming Win 9.X here) and from the a:/ run
sys c:.  Now run fdisk and set the new 80 GB partition as active.

Personally though I would keep the OS on small partition (8 to 16 GB)
and use the rest as a plain partition for Video.  Remember if you are
using a FAT based OS you are limited to a max file size of 4GB, which
isn't all that big when you are doing video.

Hal Cardona
PC Sleuth - http://www.pcsleuth.com
Author - ABComputers http://personal-computer-tutor.com/ABC.htm