-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Help

  • From: Dana Johnson <tigergurl49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:13:07 -0700 (PDT)

Don
Thanks for getting back to me. I deleted Microsoft
Office SB 2007 from my computer because it was only a
free trial controlling my email. I wanted it off so I
deleted it. Well then my email disappeared so I
thought(stupidly) that if I installed what part of
Windows I needed it would put it back on there. But it
just installed the whole Windows and I had 2 copies of
wINDOWS THERE.Now all of my fre disk space is just
about gone. I have 2 hard drives C and D. D has
nothing on it.How can I get the 2nd Windows off. I
tried System Restore but it is still there taking up
space.
  I bought my computer directly from Dell. It is a
Dimension E520.It was a replacement for one that blew
the power supply. I have only had it for a couple of
months.I have deleted every thing like temp. files and
everything that I could to gain some space. I have
only 629 MB of free space left of 9>99 GB.
  As I told you earlier I know nothing about a
computer especially when you talk about partitions.and
system recovery. But I do have a System Restore on my
computer and I tried to restore it back to like it was
and it told me I didn't have enough space to run the
system restore.So the man across the street worked on
it for me and he said when it came on it would ask me
which Windows I was using.So he said he fixed it to go
to the 2nd Windows. Now I still have 2 Windows taking
up space.I relly don't know how or what to do.
                                 Thanks
                                 Dana