-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer suddenly cannot open any links.

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 21:18:15 -0400

Hi Jan,
    The files I attached are in a compressed format.  They needed to be
uncompressed before trying to use the files inside them.  Just opening up
the files and double clicking the files inside doesn't work.

    There are several ways to fully uncompress Zip files, but the details
completely depend on what compression apps are installed on the system.  XP
& Vista have built in tools that aren't very flexable, but they can still
get the job done once you learn how to control the uncompression wizard.
The trick is to actually pull the compressed file out of the Zip file and
then run it.

    However, I see that Disastar's advice worked like a charm, so I'm just
glad you're system is back in order.

Peace,
Gman