-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer suddenly cannot open any links.

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:42:56 -0400

Hi Jan,
    I've downloaded the fixes (they're just REG files inside a compressed
ZIP file) and will send them to you as attachments in a private email.
You'll need to uncompress them and then double click on the resulting file.
It will ask if you want to Merge the contents of the REG file with your
registry and you should answer Yes to that.  You'll then get another box
telling you whether the Merge was successful.

    Afterwards, try a link and see if it works.  If it does, you'll have
more access to the internet and be able to check into all other suggestions
you receive for dealing with this issue.  If it doesn't, let us know and
we'll see if there's something else we can figure out for you to try.  A
worse case scenario would be that you'll need to back up your data and
reinstall Windows.  I'd like to avoid that if possible, but it still remains
as a way to absolutely rid yourself of the problem if all else fails.

Peace,
Gman