-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Browser Problems

  • From: Steve Aiello <deacondeamon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:15:06 -0700

Well I cheked everything with pingtest.    First I checked the ping and
packet test in 3 different cities. Seattle, Washington,  Washington  DC and
Dallas Texas.   no packets were lost in any of the tests.
Here are the results  All resents are in Mbps
Speakeasy          City                Pingtest
 2.78 Down       Seattle, Wa           2.55 D
   .51 Up                                         .51 U
                                                   111ms ping
2.64 D             Washington DC      2.51 D
  .52 U                                            .51 U
                                                   126 ms

2.87 D              Dallas, TX             2.51 D
  .52 U                                            .52 U
                                                      99 ms.

My home is in Tucson.

I was signed up at the 7Mps, but I know that with DSL your speed depends on
your distance from the hub. I am very happy with these speeds.
For what I'm paying this is good.  I could go to cable at double the rate.
I don't do anything  where I  would need that extra speed.

I'm keep coming back to a problem with ether Chrome or the post.

Thanks
Steve

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 6:47 AM, EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steve, I never tried cnet or wugnet before.  My favorite is speedtest.netas
> it seems the most accurate of the ones I tried, especially when testing
> high
> speed of 30 to 100mbps connections.
> Oh wait, you are only giving one speed.  Are you getting both Download AND
> Upload speeds?  If not, then use www.speedtest.net and
> www.speakeasy.net/speedtest as they test both directions.  I think you
> just
> gave your Download speed but the problem could be with your Upload speed
> (outbound direction).
>
> Have you run the speedtests at the times when you are having the problems?
> If you have packetloss then you are probably only getting slowdowns when
> the
> packetloss is happening.  When the problem is happening, then run the
> speedtests and also www.pingtest.net which actually tests for packetloss.
>
> Plugins could cause this problem, but I find it hard to believe (but not
> impossible) that it would affect all three browsers.  A good test for this
> would be for IE, go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, then
> click "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)" icon.  This location is for WinXP
> and
> might be different on Vista or Win7.  And for FireFox go to Start, All
> Programs, Mozilla Firefox, and click "Mozilla Firefox (safe mode)"  These
> icons will run those browsers without Addons, so that will give you a quick
> answer.
>
> Ed

in the Subject.