-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Another download question

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:26:14 -0500

Thank you Steve!  I am also having a problem with live update.
I checked from the main menu and it showed all updates completed except
Norton Antivirus and it proceeded to download that.  It took about 20
minutes and then showed completed but the only option then was to cancel
rather than the usual finish and it did not ask me to reboot.  Also the
little shield in the notification area, showing automatic live updates in
progress, has disappeared and re-appeared several times this morning and
remains at 35%.  This is just an observation at this time and not a
question.  I have contacted Symantec support describing this issue.  In May
I renewed my subscription to Norton Antivirus and the status shows that I
now have 300 + days left.  Also all the status windows show green and o.k. I
have Norton System Works 2006 but I assume since I renewed the Antivirus
only it (the Antivirus part) is now 2007?  I guess that is a question!
And, by the way, getting an e-mail to Symantec for help is a feat in and of
itself!  I don't remember that it used to be that difficult. Much more of
this and I will consider my money well spent for the learning process and
switch to Avast or AVG!
Sandi