-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Alphabetizing the Favorites

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dorie Crews <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:56:40 -0500

You can also use a separate program like Linkstash.
http://www.RoseCitySoftware.com/LinkStash/

LinkStash is an outstanding new bookmarks/favorites manager which
works for all later versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla,
Firefox, Opera and NetCaptor. Just 5 minutes with LinkStash and we are
betting you will never want to use the IE favorites, Opera or Netscape
bookmarks again! Note that although you will find LinkStash far more
convenient to use to manage a substantial list of favorites, you can
still use Internet Explorer's favorites to visit certain websites if
you wish, for example, a short list of sites you visit most
frequently.

LinkStash will open and close with your browser, and using LinkStash
means you can store and organize all your favorite links in a familiar
Explorer-style tree arrangement. With fields for comments (which can
also be used to store website passwords), your own rating system, date
last visited, and so on, links can be easily edited, maintained and
kept up to date. You can make your bookmarks visible and easy to find
by using color highlights. A fully customizable toolbar allows you to
arrange all your favorite commands in a sensible, custom arrangement
of your choice.

LinkStash combines the functionality of a top notch bookmark manager
with complete automated password control. Store all your passwords
safely and securely encrypted in LinkStash, protected by a master
password. Now a single configurable keystroke can fill one, two or
even three fields automatically on any website which requires a logon,
once you have stored the information in Linkstash. LinkStash also
maintains a master list of username/passwords with the extra
protection of a password required every time you open that master
list.

  Regards from

Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
          ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
Tuesday, 3/15/2005, @ 9:54:45 PM EST
Keep some souvenirs of your past, or how will you ever prove it wasn't
all a dream?

--Ashleigh Brilliant UC Berkeley 'street' philosopher

==================|:o:|==================

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:06:02 -0600, Dorie Crews wrote:

  |   Hi Cristy,
  |   bookmarks and favorites are basically the same animal!!
  |   When you are in your favorites...right click, select 'sort by
  |   name'.....that is all it takes. Dorie
  |

  |    |   Is there a way to alphabetize favorites in IE 6, I cannot
  |    |   see how, that does not use "bookmarks" does it?
  |    |
  |    |   thanks,
  |    |   christy
  |    |
  |    |
  |    |   --
  |    |   <Please delete this line and everything below.>
  |    |
  |    |   To unsub or change your email settings:
  |    |   //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
  |    |
  |    |   To access our Archives:
  |    |   //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/