[pchelpers] Re: Trojans ..I think?

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:59:14 +1200

I bought a copy of Digital Patrol and registered it last week because of
similar problems. It found a copy of the nocheat virus in my javascript
files and removed it. This picked up things my other scans missed. You
can get it here:
http://www.antiviraldp.com/download.htm
Here is some of the blurb on it from their website:

    Digital Patrol Anti-Trojan Engine

    *Fast and reliable*

Digital Patrol engine is the fastest and the most reliable among
existing anti-trojan software.
It provides the most reliable search and deactivation of existing
malware (malicious software) as well as of new trojan viruses and remote
administration systems (backdoor).

    *Digital Patrol finds 80% of new, unknown trojan horses*

Tests have shown that Digital Patrol code analyzer finds up to 80% of
new, unknown trojan programs. That means that Digital Patrol will
protect you from Internet worms, backdoor and trojans, even if it hasn't
them in it's virus definition database.

    *Comprehensive virus definitions base*

Digital Patrol has the most comprehensive database of wide-spread
malicious programs and viruses and in contrast to other programs allows
to find timely dangerous internet worms spreading via e-mail, irc, icq,
msn messenger, etc.

    *Every day updates*

Digital Patrol is updating every day. This is a very important feature
for trojan remover as new dangerous worms like Nimda, BadtransII, Klez,
CoolNow appear every day.
Today no other anti-trojan scanner (Tauscan, CLEANER, PC Doorsguard)
finds any of these worms.

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246