[pchelpers] System bug

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PC-Helpers <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:00:27 +1200

A customer needs help identifying an odd problem with her PC. She's
running windows 95 and uses paradise.net for email. Recently, something
made it impossible to dial into the connection.
I checked the modem, that's ok (works when we use a dialler for xtra),
but gets disconnected before logging into paradise.
I scanned for virus, spyware and trojans, but none were found. The
system was completely clean.
Re-installing the operating system produced no change at all.
I backed up the files and re-partitioned and formatted the hard drive,
then loaded a clean operating system. A brand new dialler had the same
problem.
Checkit says all motherboard functions are ok.
I put the hard drive in a separate machine and could dial paradise from
there. Without stating my own conclusions, what do you folks think?

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246