[pchelpers] News:Netsky worm made me the hero of my class

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PC-Helpers <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:14:49 +1200

      Note how the influence of friends at school brought this about:

      Computer virus writer: "Netsky worm made me the hero of my class"

An interview <http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/stern.html> with
German teenager Sven Jaschan, arrested in connection with the Sasser and
Netsky virus outbreaks, has revealed that all of his classmates at
college knew that he was the author of the destructive worms.

The interview in Stern magazine paints a picture of Jaschan as a shy,
quiet teenager studying computer science at the vocational school in
Rotenburg. The magazine describes him as a young man with few friends,
who didn't like drinking or partying.

However, Jaschan discussed the Netsky worms he was writing in early 2004
with his brothers, sisters and many of his classmates. "They even
encouraged me to add something that would cause damage, but that was
never what I wanted," claims Jaschan in the magazine. Soon, it is said,
all of the students in Jaschan's class knew what he was doing, and
Jaschan claims that some of them helped him distribute his malicious code.
more here:

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/netskyhero.html

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>