[pchelpers] Re: Protected infection in system volume folder

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <Ekhart.GEORGI@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 08:23:07 +0200

Hi John

> A0006734.EXE=wise0038 is lurking in my system folder (write protected)
> on my D: drive. There is a lot of stuff on this drive, so I'm reluctant
> to format it. Bitdefender was unable to remove due to the protection.
>
> Obviously one solution would be to format the drive and start again. Has
> anyone got smarter less destructive ones?

download and run the best file unlocker:
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Sounds like BitDefender is not a very good program. I'd disable it and
run a scan with Avira because it will no doubt be able to get rid of
your infection and other malware BitDefender doesn't even recognise. You
can download it from here:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/AntiVir-Personal-Edition-Download-6527.html

Avast will probably also be able to get rid of your infection, but it
normally finds less malware than Avira: