[pchelpers] Re: Preview pane and the dangerous world of Microsoft and dishonest business people

  • From: "Robert McLellan" <bobmclellan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 07:41:11 -0500

Let's see, if we follow this same reasoning we would definitely have to
include cars wouldn't we.  Very dangerous.  Most have very little concept of
how they work, or do the proper upkeep, and we have to share the same road
with them.  So the obvious answer is to never use a car.  I am not going to
take the illustration any further, each can do that.

To my knowledge no one has lost their life because of a loss of a computer
due to a virus, though I am sure there is someone, and I have seen some that
looked like they would like to die.  Where as a car crash can maim us
physically and permanently a computer crash for any reason only maims our
outlook on life for a short period of time, if at all.

Sorry Ekhart, I restore so many computers that I can't get excited over
seeing one crash or equating it to a Blunderbuss.  For the most part, on
this 'PCHelpers' format we are talking about personal computers.  Now if we
were talking servers for a large corporation or a web business that might be
a different story.

Bob McLellan