[pchelpers] Re: Preview pane and the dangerous world of Microsoft and dishonest business people

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 22:31:44 -0500

Hi Ekhart,

Friday, June 4, 2004, 12:11:35 PM, you wrote:

>> EGlnl> (Nor the idiots who build skyscrapers without remembering that planes
>> EGlnl> have fuel tanks -- when i stood on the WTC in 1985, i said that i'm
>> 100%
>> EGlnl> sure it can't survive a full hit by a large civilian plane, but since

>> I read an article discussing that very issue; at the time it was
>> seigned, it was able to.  They didn't expect that planes would balloon
>> so much larger.

EGlnl> That's very interesting. Please tell me more if you can remember or find
EGlnl> more, maybe privately since this is not exactly a PC topic anymore (-:

Since others might be interested in the CONCLUSION of the off-topic
discussion...  :)

Nuclear plants: "When the plants were designed, large aircrafts that
are presently used were not in use"

http://www.attackonamerica.net/jetcouldwrecknuclearnrcadmits.htm

"The towers of the World Trade Center were designed to withstand as a
whole the horizontal impact of a large commercial aircraft. So why did
a total collapse occur?"

http://www-math.mit.edu/~bazant/WTC/

"The World Trade Center was designed for an impact of Boeing 707-320
rather than Boeing 767-320.  But note that the maximum takeoff weight
of that older, less efficient, aircraft is only 15% less than that of
Boeing 767-200.  Besides, the manimum fuel tank capacity of that
aircract is only 4% less.  These differences are well within the
safety margins of design.  So the observed response of the towers
proves the correctness of the original dynamic design.  What was not
considered in design was the temperature that can develop in the
ensuing fire."

--Scott.