[pchelpers] Re: Firefox Broke

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <ekhart.georgi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 17:03:37 +0300

Hi Ed

I'd be very interested in seeing any site that can "break" Firefox. In
fact, i seriously doubt that is possible until i see it. I'm so sure i'm
ready to try it right away. Could you send me the address?

The community developing it would also be very happy to get feedback.
They make it a point to fix any serious problems very quickly, not the
waiting most people have become used to with Microsoft products.

It only takes a few minutes to uninstall and reinstall Firefox, so that
would be the easiest solution to your problem. What version do you have?

Do you know about the many cool extensions? If you have any of them
installed, disable them first before uninstalling Firefox.

More detailed directions here
www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/#install

(These are a bit out of date:
http://texturizer.net/firefox/download.html)

The only really important thing to know is to use the normal install and
stay away from the custom install unless you're sure of what you're
doing. Some people have used a clean install without reading what that
does, and they succeeded in emptying the whole Program Files folder, for
example!

Ekhart