[pchelpers] Re: Spinrite

  • From: "Robert McLellan" <bobmclellan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:36:13 -0500

We used to use it a lot in the 486 and Pentium days with the smaller hdd's
but haven't used it for a long time.  As mentioned, it takes a long time,
all night or longer on a 30 -40 gig drive.  Maybe the brand new one is
faster.  Also don't seem to need them as much with the new drives either or
with NTFS I am not sure which is the case.  Also Hdd drive manufactures now
have their own diagnostic programs for their drives.  Anyway I mentioned to
the other tech a month or so ago about getting an upgrade and he didn't
think it would be worth it for us.

Bob McLellan