[pasmembers] Re: Input requested

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:05:47 -0700

PAS Members,

Awesome Thursday to everyone!

Based on the discussion we had in this thread, I'm going to drop the Star
Party portion (that was open to the public) from these events, starting
after tonight's event, and keep it to be only for those attending with
telescopes. I appreciate the input and I do know that finding someone to
work the 16" dob has been a challenge at times. Last time, we didn't have
anyone there to do it, that could. I appreciate Bob Senzer and Rodney doing
it, but they felt uncomfortable with it, and so i'd rather someone who is
familiar with it, and can bring eyepieces, such as Eric, use that scope,
and if we don't advertise it has a star party attached to this event, then
we don't' have to set up the dob unless we want to.

This change starts with the next PVCC Telescope Workshop and I will adjust
it on the site, soon.

I think that is a much better idea.

Thank you all.

Now, for tonight.... if someone wants to set up the 16" dob, that would be
awesome, roll it out, because we do have Richard and Jon attending for the
star party portion of the event. What i suggest is someone attend, with the
goal of working the 16" dob, but if we have enough other scopes to view
through, from the attending class members (the RSVP's needing help with
their scopes) then we won't set it up. We will just view through their
scopes. Can i have someone attend for that reason? To be there in case we
need the 16" set up?
Let me know you are doing this... so i know i have someone to cover the 16"
dob.

Don can take care of Dewell

Pete, you can talk to Ted. He doesn't own the SCT yet, but is looking to
buy it, and then send him over to William so we can give him pros and cons
to the SCT he is interested in.

I have Robin who needs a teacher.

And i think there are a few more folk who are signed up for tonight's
event, but i haven't gotten to them in my email just yet. Working on that
now.

Please monitor this link and if you see someone you can take care of, let
me know so I know we are good for tonight. Many thanks to everyone.

Terri, Event Coordinator

Here's the link to tonight's event.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2433#post2433

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes Howard,  that's what William was suggesting.  Drop the ad that says
> there is a star party,  and just go with the scopes that attend for the
> workshop.
>
> Sent from my TARDIS via my Samsung Galaxy S5 Android Phone complete with
> typos for your enjoyment.
> On Feb 25, 2015 10:26 AM, "Howard Moneta" <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> People may drive a long distance expecting a star party. It is not easy
>> to give a sky tour with all the city light and only a large manual
>> telescope. I don't think we should advertise a star party without also
>> having people rsvp that they are bringing their telescopes.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Don,  that is a very good point.  Only for those attending.
>>>
>>> Sent from my TARDIS via my Samsung Galaxy S5 Android Phone complete with
>>> typos for your enjoyment.

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook