[overture] Re: Installing Overture.v24 on Mac OSX Lion

  • From: "J. P. Bernstein" <astro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 16:28:53 -0600

Thanks, Kyle. That worked with:

sudo ./configure --with-CC="/opt/local/bin/gcc -I/usr/include/malloc"
--with-CXX="/opt/local/bin/g++ -I/usr/include/malloc" --prefix=`pwd`

Moving on to the next step, the enviers set in defenv are not being inherited
when trying to build Overture. I have the following set:

% cat defenv
#! /bin/csh -f
#
#     Define environment variables for Overture
#
# see the install notes on the web for further explanation or
Overture/doc/install.tex
#
# edit this file and change as appropriate for your system,
# then type 'source defenv'

# You will need to change the following:
setenv XLIBS /opt/local
setenv MOTIF /opt/local
setenv OpenGL /opt/local
setenv HDF /opt/local
setenv APlusPlus /usr/local/A++P++-0.8.0/A++/install
setenv Overture /usr/local/Overture.v24

but get:

% sudo ./configure darwin useHDF5 FC=gfortran
Password:
 *** configure for machine = darwin ****
 *** machineType = [x86_64] ****
First checking for proper definition of Overture environmental variables:
ERROR: environmental variable APlusPlus =  DOES NOT EXIST
ERROR: environmental variable OpenGL =  DOES NOT EXIST
ERROR: environmental variable HDF =  DOES NOT EXIST
ERROR: environmental variable Overture =  DOES NOT EXIST
ERROR: environmental variable XLIBS =  DOES NOT EXIST
ERROR: Unable to find OpenGL library libGL or libMesaGL in  /lib64
Check the OpenGL environmental variable and try again
INFO: I am going to copy my version of the GLw files into Overture/static
directory
Checking for the Motif header files in /include/Xm/
Unable to find the Motif or Lesstif file /include/Xm/Xm.h
Check your MOTIF environmental variable, MOTIF=[]. It seems to be incorrect.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the basic questions; while I am very experienced with linux, I am
rather new to mac.

Best,

Joe