RE: replication with Indexes

  • From: Stephen.Lee@xxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:54:30 -0500

I'm a little rusty on what features are in this version of Oracle versus
that version Oracle.  But, ASSUMING you can do this in 8.1.6.3, you can
export the master tables without rows; import them into the second database.
After I do this, I keep only the primary key constraints and drop the
others.  Then:

In the master database:
create snapshot logs on the master tables.
If needed, grant select on the master tables AND on the mlog$ tables to
whatever user the database link uses.

In the secondary database:

create the database link to masterdb.  For this I create a READONLY user
which has readonly (duh) privilege on the master and mlog$ tables is the
master database.  And I make the database link a public database link.

create snapshot xyz on prebuilt table refresh force as select * from
owner.xyz@masterdb;
exec dbms_snapshot.refresh('XYZ','C')

connect to replication schema owner guy.
create the refresh group and refresh job.
exec dbms_refresh.add('REFGROUP','OWNER.XYZ')

test it:
exec dbms_job.run(##)

I think 8.1.6 supports the "on prebuilt table" thing.