RE: replication with Indexes

  • From: Stephen.Lee@xxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:20:30 -0500

Sorry.  I've not worked with updateable snapshots.  If you are like me and
prefer the K.I.S.S** method whenever possible (mainly because if I make it
complicated, three months from now, I'll forget what I did), at failover
time you can drop the snapshots that were created on the prebuilt tables.
The data will remain, and now you can slam it around all you want.  In this
case, you might want to leave the constraints in place in the secondary
database when you set the thing up.  With this approach, nobody will be able
to update the secondary database until you drop the snapshots.  So that's
something to consider.

**(Keep It Simple Stupid)