Re: interview a manager

  • From: "Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 12:20:07 -0400

Hi

Interviewing, at least a professional interviewing, there are very few
professionals that can do it.

This is not only asking question, it implies an analysis in the way they
dress, how they move, etc. etc. that analysis allow detect mental problem
and hidden attitudes from the beggining. But that is too long. I think is
better to get a professional for that.

But basically it depends, first list what you don't want, then what you
need. and then do question about that.
You must analyze about your particular situation and employees you have and
what they really need.

Out of minimal skills required.
For example I will askif he knows about negotiating, in other words what he
does when there is a problem, and neither the neither the employee want to
cede.
I'll ask about working more hours.
About the additional contribution he can get, for example he could get more
customers, or anything else.

But remember you must leave him to talk, don't talk, after you ask a
question create a silence to compel him to talk, and leave him end to talk,
if you leave him to talk you can get knowledge about thinks you never
thought to talk.
I had a book in some place about this, if you want more details I can search
for it, but I don't think you need it.

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP
Database 9.2 Standard Edition